A place for my musings, rants, random lists, foodie goodness and anything else that I fancy declaring to the world. Special huh?

Wednesday 13 October 2010

New Tattoo & the last few days....

Going through a plethora of change this past month. Finished in my current job last Friday. Next Monday I start as a Housing Officer down tthe YMCA. Going to be massive challenge for me, but how do we grow if we dont stretch ourselves? You'll never know what your capable of otherwise. I appricate that all sounds very.....contrived...but that's how I feel.

My last day was lovely. My collegues bought me a book on Cake Decorating and some gorgeous stuff from Accessorize. I brought them some baked treats. I made brownies (for the first time and they were freaking epic) and Red Velvet cupcakes...



I'm so getting into baking. My dream job would be to own a coffee shop, fill it with comfy sofas and cosy nooks, bookshelves filled with amazing reads and board games and just feed people gooey cakes and hot chocolate. A girl can dream huh? Lloyd bought me a piping bag and various icing tools, so I'm going to start playing around with making some proper cupcakes soon and experimenting with recipes. It's a bit of sadistic talent as I can knock up these wonderful things and due to my diet, not eat them lol.

After my last day I went for a drink with my brilliant team. Was really lovely that they made the time to spend a few hours after work. Sometimes I can be quiet and worry that people mistake it for ignorance or arrogance so it's nice to be accepted just how you are. Also spoons have started serving these really rather amazing drinks in like jam jars.....I should have a pic...*searchs*




I had to take a photo. We have four of them proudly sitting in the cupboard now! 

Finally started my back piece yesterday. I was absolutely bricking it because it was a three hour session. The night before I had a nightmare that the tattooist (Maria) did it in felt pen and started scribbling it out in black and I was crying. After that lovely dream I lost all my bravado and made Kim come with me. I felt so relived when Maria showed me the design she'd put together from my ideas. It was perfect. The actual process was fine too, the back (with the expection of the shoulderblade & spine) is *much* less painful than the feet. After three hours I was glad to stop, but we got much more done than she'd anticipated. And here it is


I've got one hour booked now to finish the ones at the botttom, but we did all the outline. Should I want to expand it when I lose enough weight I can. I think it needs some more smaller flowers but we'll see. The healing is a pain, I had apply some cream myself this morning and I think strained my neck trying to do it lol. I also have to go braless around the house and try and let it get some air - that's proving difficult! It'll be worth it though when it's all finished.

It's already Wednesday - my week off is going so fast :(

Love to all x x x

No comments: